A walk off the side of Sir William Hill down into Bretton Clough.
Park up at the end of the green lane that goes up past the transmitter tower, and walk down along the old lane a little further down the road.
Once by the house at the bootom, and the tarmac road, break off onto the footpath that takes you into the Clough as far as Stoke Ford, a major junction of paths!
Ascend the hill passing a few plantations and rejoin the old lane to return to the car.
Date Walked: 04Mar13
Distance: 3.4 miles
Points to note
- These walks are listed as a record of walks that we have done. If you wish to follow them then you do so at your own risk.
- Distances given are those recorded on our GPS as Track Distance.
Actual distance walked may be slightly longer, due to the way that the two distances are calculated. This article explains why.
- Times given may or may not include breaks.
- You'd expect on a circular walk that the Ascent and Descent values would be the same, right?
Well, yes, but sometimes I didn't stop the track at the exact same place I started it, and also sometimes it takes a while to get a strong enough 3D fix for a reasonably accurate altitude setting.
- Any photos shown will be of the ground covered by the walk, but may cover more than one visit.